JAM weather

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

anybody know what the forecasted 1 - 2 inches of rain will do for the creeks? I think we will be fine but maybe you guys know better.

Water here is pretty low. 1-2 means no penns regardless

I was up at Coburn on Sat and Sunday, Penns creek was looking great, hope it stays that way, but our record are not that good with the weather.

PaulG

Paul, I hope to see you at the Jamboree. I know that the physical demands of a marathon weekend of fishing may be too much right now, but stopping by to say hello will not do you any harm. Art and Dave are ready to facilitate this and I really hope to see you there. It just isn't the same without you.

JackM wrote:
... but stopping by to say hello will not do you any harm. Art and Dave are ready to facilitate this.

The first part might have been more believable if you had not included the second...;-)

Seriously Paul. I'm looking forward to hunting you down and dragging you to this year's jam.;-)

Heavy rain is expected Friday morning - so I'm going to guess, fish penns Thursday night and then Friday evening fish upper spring creek & other lime stoners ?

I won't be around for the Jam but several weather models are showing 3-4 inches of rain by Friday night. I want to say those predictions are too high but after what happened in SE PA recently with 5-6" of rain and major flooding I have no good reason to doubt those forecasts. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's better to start thinking of backup plans asap.

sarce wrote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's better to start thinking of backup plans asap.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez, talk about the perverbial "raining" of someone's parade! :roll:

You guys are dreamin. It aint gonna happen. Just a few showers here and there.

Cleveland got hammered last night. My boss had asphalt piled up at the end of his driveway that washed there from the runoff. Half hour South of me had flood warnings. Where I live? It settled the dust and made a lot of noise is all.

I'm pushing it all to the South.

Quote:

sarce wrote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's better to start thinking of backup plans asap.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez, talk about the perverbial "raining" of someone's parade!

:lol: Weather will do everything possible to make me wrong. So by posting that comment I've probably assured sunny skies all weekend. Thank me later!

In all seriousness I hope for your guys' sake it does turn out to just be a few showers here and there. There's still plenty of time for it to change!!!

This is what I always look at for rainfall predictions...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/state-college-pa/16801/may-weather/335315?monyr=5/1/2014&view=table

Here is the fishing forecast...
link

Should be safely under 3 inches according to NOAA
d13_fill.gif

albatross wrote:
Should be safely under 3 inches according to NOAA

that's government meteorology. I don't truss it

doesn't matter, if the water is up, fish brookie streams by day, and drink all evening!

I need to be shown around brookie streams, by the way. The area, I know not.

Squatch, fear not!! brookie streams abound in those hills! I think the heavy rain we had last night here at home went north of the state college area, so looks like that bullet was dodged! Friday still looks like a wet one though.

bikerfish wrote:
Squatch, fear not!! brookie streams abound in those hills! I think the heavy rain we had last night here at home went north of the state college area, so looks like that bullet was dodged! Friday still looks like a wet one though.

I figured I'll just shadow you haha!

that's a large shadow!!

Back