Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: I Hear Banjo's Mini Jam on The Lehigh River June 4th

From Hughesville
gfen,
That's some kind of deal! I was looking at one and they're a couple of hundred bucks. You probably have to drive like 294 miles to get it though.

Posted on: 2011/5/23 15:52

From Elizabethtown
ya'll floating pontoons ?

Posted on: 2011/5/25 0:47

From SEPA
I'll be using my pontoon for this.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 11:55

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
We have a slight problem with this date now. Such the LRSA moved Lunker Fest to the same day. We will have to change the meeting place to fish in the morning at. I am up for suggestions. We can still do the float on this section of river though, such as the contest will be over at 3. I will leave it up to you guys. Leave it to the LRSA to mess things up LOL

If anybody has an extra toon or a spot for me on their boat, let me know as well!!

Posted on: 2011/5/25 16:36

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From SEPA

Without actually trying to stir the pot, why is this a problem?

Its a public waterway. People went to court for this to be stated as law. Your former people cannot shut this one down no matter how hard they should.

Plus, shouldn't you want to float the brigade right down through the masses, anyways?

(here's the pot stirrin' bit)
I thought y'all were real friendly like to the norms from down here in the low lands? Always offering small talk and kindness, and never a word about not having a badge while menancingly shaking a metal stringer?
(let me put this spoon away)

Posted on: 2011/5/25 17:02

O I know we can fish it if we want to, thats not a problem.

My thinking, is we do not want to be around 200 other people fishing. If everybody says, nope lets meet there and fish without paying, I am up for it.

Don't think anybody wants to do that as much as you Gfen.

The guys running it won't say anything either. I know this, because we were warned by the state we could not and it was the only way we were allowed permits to hold the event. The other contestants on the other hand might not be as friendly, and most of them won't be LRSA members.

Thats not the point of this thread though, so lets not start throwing it off topic. Lets just figure out where and how we want to do this. Up for any suggestions from the guys around the Lehigh.

Walnutport section is nice to wade.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 17:10

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Move the Lehigh jam to another weekend so I can attend.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 22:22

From Lehigh River
Ionly fished the walnutport strech once and it wasn't much fun the water was high lol ..But I hear good things about it. I won't be there saturday anyways . I still plain on doing some fishing Sunday

Posted on: 2011/5/26 18:03

So, from reports from some people is they think we should move back I hear Banjo's Mini Jam from Next saturday to another day. I want to know from everybody else though. Should we make it the 11th?

Posted on: 2011/5/27 16:13

From Dauphin PA
Just keep an eye on the rafting release dates before you ink a date. Only fished there once and wasn't overly impressed so I'll be expecting you to show me where I went wrong. 11th may work better for me (95% sure I'll do it)

Posted on: 2011/5/27 18:58

From SEPA
I now cannot make june 4 because of a birthday. 11th is out too, I will be floating the upper d that weekend.

Posted on: 2011/5/27 19:23

The 11th is a release date, but the way the river has been, the whole year has been a release date. I don't know what to do. LOL Horrible year weather wise for thee Lehigh. The fall fishing should be great though!

Posted on: 2011/5/28 0:16

From Lehigh River
Yeah LRSABecker fishing the Lehigh now is a challange,One wrong step and you'll have one hell of a swim.
I'm still catching fish. But much harder to get where they are..

Posted on: 2011/5/28 9:34

From Bozeman
The 11th could work for me, but I probably wouldn't be interested in fishing a release day.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 9:33

This year has been tough for the fisherman on the Lehigh. I havent been on the river once this year. Wx, highwater and other activities preventing me on getting out.

If we dont get anymore rain this week, (watch out for wednesday though), the river should come down nicely. It actually might be somewhat wadeable by the weekend.

I think it will still be over 1000 cfs at the Lehighton USGS gage, but it will be close - give or take.

Good luck you guys can make it out. I may sneak in a quick float on Sunday AM...wishful thinking.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 11:03

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com