Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Help Stock The Yough!

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
Grobe,

I'd be more likely to send a $40 donation via paypal than to attend a $125 event at Nemacolin that will net your effort $40. See if you can get something like this going and we'll crowd source the Yough.

Posted on: 2013/9/12 17:05

Albatross,

I am working with the resort right now to set this up, once it is ready to roll I will post the link on here so people can donate that way if they would like.

Posted on: 2013/9/13 14:34

From Monessen, PA
Just sayin' why not donate to CRTU? They are both stocking trout.

Posted on: 2013/9/13 18:45

-- Leo Tolstoy

JackM,

A small group of like minded people that love to fish the TT water on the Yough decided to get together and come up with plan to help out the river. The state accidentally stumbled upon a great way to manage this fishery 3 years ago by stocking 17,000 7-9 fish. It has been 3 years since that stocking and we are concerned that the fish counts will start to decline if we do nothing about it. Let me emphasize that we are only talking about the 9 mile TT water from Ramcat down to Ohiopyle. The Yough isn't a wild trout fishery, putting in 2-4 inch fingerlings does not work out well on this river, if it did I'm sure it would of been written about by a Fly Fishing Publication by now. Our belief is that the 7-9 fish had a much better survival rate then the little guys and it increased fish numbers drastically. So we are running with this belief. We hope others will join us in our efforts in doing this. This has all come together very quickly and we are learning as we go. We have great admiration for CRTU and know they do great things for our waterways in the area. We hope they back us in our efforts and we hope to combine our efforts to make something great happen. WE ARE NOT asking for people to donate to us instead of CRTU. We are asking people that love the Middle Yough and believe in our idea too help us out. It has been 3 years and the same strategies are in place, to our knowledge, no other organization was moving on an idea like this, so we are taking action and hope to build good relationships along the way.

So if you like to shoot, win fly-fishing rods and swag we hope you join us on October 27th at the Shooting Academy at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. If you would like to just send a donation I am working on getting that link set up. All the donation money will go toward stocking fish in the TROPHY TROUT WATER ON THE MIDDLE YOUGH. If you want to donate to CRTU I think that is great too. I am not sure where/what your donation money does there, I'm sure all great things. But our's is a very specific fundraiser....Trophy Trout on the Middle Yough

Posted on: 2013/9/13 22:19

From Monessen, PA
Sorry, Grobe, you misunderstand me. And surely this is my fault. I stick to my original comment that your effort, like those of the TU section are worthy. I wish you luck, but I guess what I'm saying is this is an opportunity for Nemacolin to enbrace CRTU. If that is what this is about-- kudos! But if this is a way of saying: "we don't agree with your madness/methods," then I have a hard time deciding to support you in this civil war.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 9:55

-- Leo Tolstoy

JackM,

No worries and sorry if I misunderstood you. We are not trying to start a civil war I promise you that. We have reached out to CRTU and are waiting to hear back from them. I personally don't know enough about CRTU to agree or disagree with what they do for the Middle Yough, that's why we are reaching out to them in hopes to find that out and form a good relationship.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 11:38

I'm having issues getting the link set up for the donations through the resort. There are some issues that are way over my head so I'll I can ask is that if you wanted to give a non-charitable donation to write the check out to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and on the envelope put ATTN: Mike Steiner. All this money will go straight to the trout fund.

Address is below:

Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa
1001 Lafayette Drive
Farmington, PA 15437

Or you could just show up the day of the event even if you are not shooting. If anyone has more in depth questions they can PM me.

Posted on: 2013/9/25 10:42

Just an update on the event:

Mark your calendars and plan on attending the first annual “Stock the Yough” fundraiser sporting clays shoot. The event will take place this Sunday, October 27th starting at 1030am at the Shooting Academy at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. 100% of the proceeds will go to stocking the yough river with 7”-9” inch trout. This is a great opportunity to break some clays, have some lunch, and bid on some great auction items. Cost of the shoot is $125/shooter and that includes 100 rounds with gun rental and lunch!!! Prizes will be awarded to the top three shooters. Wobble trap and Five stand will be available for a pre-round warm up. Our silent auction will include a signed Pittsburgh Penguins Geno Malkin Jersey, Pittsburgh Penguins Coach Dan Bylsma signed helmet, Patagonia fishing pack and vest, fly rods, float trips, just to name a few. Please help us fill this shoot and raise money for a great cause!! To register please call the Shooting Academy at 724.329.6770. See you there!

www.grobe33.blogspot.com

Posted on: 2013/10/23 11:19

I would like to thank everyone that came out to our first "Stock The Yough" shoot at Nemacolin's Shooting Academy. I got to meet a bunch of great people who are very passionate about the Yough and like minded anglers that know what it will take to make the river an even better fishery. We ended up raising about $5,000 that all will be used to buy yearling trout to stock in the TT water. This is the first of many events we have in the works and it's awesome too see local anglers work together to make something special happen. Thanks again tight lines to all!

Posted on: 2013/11/18 15:41

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com