Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Gettysburg and Cumberland Valley - Mini Jam - 8 June 2013

From North East PA
Just discovered that I put my foot in it, deep. We have tickets for the 8th t take our daughter to see Cats. Good thing the cancellation fee is only $10.

Damn, we were both looking forward to this event.

Hope everyone who can make it has a great time.

Posted on: 2013/3/9 18:20

From Parkesburg
Might be able to come out and show people around some streams... definitely would like a tour.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 11:53

From Gamehendge
Sounds like a good time. Would like to hook up with someone who has some knowledge of some of the smaller streams in that area.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 21:41

From Boiling Springs
Just a heads up for anyone who has a wife, daughter or any other woman in there life who has an interest in learning to fly fish, Cumberland Valley TU is holding a Ladies fly fishing class that same day. They will be at Allenberry resort right on the Yellow Breeches. I don't have all the details such as cost, number of openings etc., but if you are interested, PM me and I will get you the details.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted on: 2013/3/11 19:33

Hello, I'm new to the site and am interested in meeting up for the boiling springs portion of the trip. I'm married but my husband doesn't ff, my only mentor is my mom. I'm trying to network to gain more ff experience but its intimidating. Would I be out of place coming to this, I have the gear and a little experience but haven't had the nerve to put myself in a creek amongst experienced anglers.
Thanks for any advice
J

Posted on: 2013/3/18 7:24

From Philadelphia
Welcome aboard. Remember one thing, we were ALL newbies at one time. Lot of talent and patience on this board. Asking is the best step to moving forward. Although I wouldn't wait until June. Get out with some of these guys and gals. It's ashame you didn't get on the board last week as we had our newbie event in Allentown this past Saturday, a bit of a drive but it would have been well worth it. We will be having a "brush-up" event there in April or May and you should consider joining us.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 8:29

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Jkrout wrote:
Would I be out of place coming to this, I have the gear and a little experience but haven't had the nerve to put myself in a creek amongst experienced anglers.
Thanks for any advice
J

J,
Welcome to our online community.
We talk fly fishing and related stuff here every day and frequently have get togethers - we call 'em jamborees or "mini jams" etc) - to fish or tie flies. There are many beginners in our community and they attend and enjoy the jams too. You're certainly welcome to link up with us in Boiling Springs and tag along and fish as little or as much as you want. Many of the fellows are hard core anglers, but we don't mind newbies. Just watching experienced fishermen do their thing is a great way to learn. Evening will probably see the most fishing focus as this is when the hatches, if any, will probably occur.
In the meantime, continue to watch this thread for further info and if you have questions about the event, ask them here. We have a Beginner's Forum with a lot of enthusiastic newbies and that's where to ask any basic questions you may have about the sport. Take some time to check out that forum.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 8:53

From Boilingsprings
I would be willing to help out with the new, and out of towners if I am not guiding that day. I am open and will try to keep the day as such.
I work as a guide and instructor in Boilingsprings and would be willing to do whatever you want. Perhaps a one hour beginers sesion then some fishing etc.
Dave let me know your thoughts.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 9:22

Thanks for the responses! I just saw the post about TU holding a ladies FF event at the allenberry on the breeches. I'll check into that and see what it offers although I do have a little experience so I'm not sure if that would be time wasted.
I'll check out the newbie board too, thanks!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 13:39

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Jkrout wrote:
I just saw the post about TU holding a ladies FF event at the allenberry on the breeches. I'll check into that and see what it offers !

The ladies FF event is a very good choice too. It is a program offered by Cumberland Valley TU and will offer formal instruction. It includes a fee basically to cover lunch and is headed up by a friend of mine named Bob. I will PM you his contact information (Check the "Inbox" on the right when you are logged in).

Posted on: 2013/3/18 14:39

From Gettysburg
Quote:

addictedangler wrote:
I would be willing to help out with the new, and out of towners if I am not guiding that day. I am open and will try to keep the day as such.

Please check your PM Tony.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 15:03

From Delaware Co.
Dave nice little excursion you got planned here . Unless something comes up I will be there but I don't think I will take the tour . The fishing in that area is just to hard to pass on . Depending on the fishing conditions I might stop at the susky in the morning than make my way to the run.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 17:24

From Gettysburg
Bump. This event is just around the corner. Several folks inquired to me at the jam over the weekend whether this was still on. It is indeed and, I'd like to add that, in addition to touring Gettysburg in the am, when we link up at Boiling Springs we will make a visit to the new PA FFing Museum before fishing. Keep in mind, this event is informal and you can participate in the battlefield tour, the FFing museum tour, the fishing in the afternoon.....or any combination.

If you are coming up to Boiling Springs in the am while we're in Gettysburg, feel free to comment here and folks can link up and fish in the am or early afternoon.

Dave W

Posted on: 2013/5/21 9:44

From Central Maryland
I've wanted to check out some of these streams for a while but never knew where to start. Would anyone want to fish in the morning, meet the group for the ff museum and lunch, and then maybe fish a different stream for the evening? I've done the Gettysburg thing recent enough that I'm gonna pass on the tour.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 15:13

I am planning on going.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 23:36
-Chapter #420
Fishin' is Smokin' in SE PA

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com