Fly Fishing in Montana and the Rockies - Zoom Presentation Feb. 23

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping we could all gain some insight about fly fishing out West. This is really intended to be a pretty casual presentation. Hoping you can join us and it will be great to see some live faces. So bring a drink and look forward to seeing you on Feb 23. Details below and link to sign up.

Overview
Are you trying to sort out that first fly fishing trip to Montana and the Rockies? Are you thinking about heading back? Then you don’t want to miss out on this outstanding presentation by Brian McGeehan a Pennsylvania native and owner of Montana Angler. Brian will be sharing his 25+ years of experience guiding and hosting anglers out West. He will be covering his inside knowledge about some of the best rivers like the Madison, Yellowstone, Missouri and more. Join Brian and Dave Kile as they talk over what you’ll need to know on making the most of that special trip out West.

Topics will include:
Some of the top fly fishing waters out West
When to wade and when to float
What to bring and gear tips
The fly fishing seasons
Your questions and answers

So grab your favorite beverage and join us on:
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Time: 7:30-8:30 PM EST
Where: Zoom Online

Presenter: Brian McGeehan, Montana Angler
Hosted by: Dave Kile, Paflyfish

There is limited space so register today: http://bit.ly/2Z48ICd

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. I encourage you to test out your connection prior to the start of the presentation.

This is a free educational program. If you would like to ask a question in advance please feel free to ask in this thread or send me a private message.

Just a reminder about tonight's Zoom presentation Brian McGeehan from Montana Angler. Brian and I did our practice run yesterday. There will be plenty of opportunities for questions and answers.

Please register in advance and look forward to seeing you tonight. Bring a beverage and kick back with us.

Register here: http://bit.ly/2Z48ICd

Hello Dave,
I did register for this Zoom Presentation, unfortunately, something came up and I can’t participate. I did unregister a few minutes ago.
I would have definitely enjoyed this presentation! Is it possible to view this presentation at a later date?
Best Regards,
Tim

looking forward to it. I am guilty of "you-should-ism", but it would be great to have more of these types of presentations

Fly5 wrote:
Hello Dave,
I did register for this Zoom Presentation, unfortunately, something came up and I can’t participate. I did unregister a few minutes ago.
I would have definitely enjoyed this presentation! Is it possible to view this presentation at a later date?
Best Regards,
Tim

Tim

Sorry you can't make it. All good we are under the 100 count so not need to unregister. We do have about 50 signed up.

Thanks

nymphingmaniac wrote:
looking forward to it. I am guilty of "you-should-ism", but it would be great to have more of these types of presentations

I like the encouragement and I'm thinking about doing these once a month. I am hoping to announce shortly March's call with one of the members on the site about April Fly Fishing in Central PA.

Any ideas are welcome!!

Thanks

Fly5 wrote:
Is it possible to view this presentation at a later date?

Dave,
Same here unfortunately, I'm unable to attend.
Can yo make the presentation available at a later date?

Thanks

PS Great idea about having a once a month presentation.

StreamBottom wrote:
Fly5 wrote:
Is it possible to view this presentation at a later date?

Dave,
Same here unfortunately, I'm unable to attend.
Can yo make the presentation available at a later date?

Thanks

PS Great idea about having a once a month presentation.

I'm sorry I did not record this one, but sure we can get something going again with Brian.

A fun time last night and a lot more people joining than I even imagined. Thanks for all the emails and PM's about the program. Sounds like there is interest for more of these types of events. I was already planning another for March. So I will get the details going on that one shortly.

Feedback or ideas welcome.

Zoom Call last night. Bourbon and ginger ale on the right edge of the screen.

I saw that and wondered if u were imbibing.
Thanks for the work you and Brian put in on the presentation. It was a great distraction from the current season and a lot of info to spark the imagination.
I was without camera on the zoom.

I should have announced the bourbon and ginger ale. I will make that my lead for the next program.

It was a great turnout and looking forward to the next one.

go all out, make kentucky mules instead of bourbon and ginger ale.
Appalachian brewing Co ginger beer is excellent in mules

Enjoyed the presentation. From my experience in Montana, Brian was spot on with his talk. Montana has so much to offer that you can customize your trip to enjoy many different aspects, camping, wading, floating, lodging, Etc. Would enjoy more of these presentation, I know it is work to set-up but very interesting.Thanks

nymphingmaniac wrote:
go all out, make kentucky mules instead of bourbon and ginger ale.
Appalachian brewing Co ginger beer is excellent in mules

I'll have to get on that.

Back