Cabin Fever 2010 Sunday March 7th 9am-4pm

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

http://www.pwwtu.org/HR/JanFeb2010issue.pdf

I will probably make an appearance. The guy from the fish5050 trip will be there for those of you who followed his expedition.

(page 4 is the ad)

probably miss it, still be in daytona. I always like the flea market and there are always good speakers

Cabin fever? During the olives? I think not.

A little far for you anway Jay.... lol

I would definitely attend if I could, but cabin fever season ends the first day over 40. We will probably have one by then.

Yeah, I think they schedule this event about two weeks late for actual cabin fever. One can usually get out and fish for trout without an auger by the end of the first week of March.

It's not worth the drive anyways Jay. Yes there's some good speakers and a handful of vendors... but 2 hours max and you're good to go. From what I can tell for the show in summerset it doesn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I've never been to that one. But it is a good event for local fly fisherman and that TU does a good job of taking care of the stream.

I will miss the jersey show, unfortunately. I'm fishing that weekend.

Cabin fever. pfft!

I would hope to attend at least one show this year, but the one in harrisburg sucks anymore.

Without a doubt Jay. I live about 7 blocks from it and havent gone in 5 years. I sure hope someone can turn it around.

It's great if you want to book a dozen deer hunts and great lakes trolling charters.

I'll probably go to check out the guy who did the 5050 trip and look for some necks and tying supplies.

I used to really enjoy the one at 7 springs, especially if there was snow, ski in the morning, browse flyfishing stuff in the afternoon, loved it!
that seems like a long time ago though. last time I went to cabin fever was when it was in monroeville.
always thought it would be cool to build an event around the stocking on the neshannock. the fire dept does the pancake breakfast which is great. be cool to have some big tents set up around the shop with some vendors, speakers, etc. it would bring some more people to bob's shop. maybe even have a band or something, make it an all day thing.
maybe I'll talk to bob next time I'm up there

biker,

If you didn't already know, the last couple years Bob has held an event day at the fly shop. He's had featured speakers, free casting instruction, test casting on Orvis rods, fly tying etc. There has been a good turnout. The date has varied however since it depends on when speakers are available and such.

I don't know if he'd be able to do all that on stocking day. Bob has got his hands full getting everything in order for the float stocking. Plus, the weather can be pretty sloppy.

Kev

yeah, I knew he did something a little later in the year, never made it, usually off riding or fishing or both

I would like to go to see famous bamboo fly rod maker - Ron Bennett and PA fly fishing books writers.

I'll be there, and will be doing a program on fishing limestone streams of central PA and freestone streams of NC PA, at 10:30 am.

I think Cabin Fever is a nice show. It's not huge like the NJ show, but it's not such a madhouse as that show either. It's more relaxed. The flea market is a good place to sell unused tackle, and to find good buys.

George Daniel is doing two presentations. He is a very skilled fisherman, including streamer and nymph techniques. You are sure to learn a lot.

Troutbert -

I'll be at the show and look forward to your presentation.
Don't know if I can sit thru the nymphs and streamers thing though

I'll definitely be seeking out your presentation Troutbert. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm gonna try to make it, had to cancel florida trip, needed to have new septic tank put in. what time is everyone going to be getting there? any ideas for maybe hooking up either before hand for some breakfast or maybe afterward for some lunch and beers?

Back