Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Any interest in pulling off a mini-jam in the fall?

You have the D, the WB, the EB, Beaverkill and Willow all inside of a 30 min drive. If you want to head north, the Esopus is about an hour. All around the area are beaver ponds and wild brookie streams for those that enjoy that style of fishing. Everything would hinge on the flows. Low water rules out floating and high water rules out wading. We'll just have to keep an eye on it. I may be able to get the whole motel (maybe at a discount) for the group if we can sell it out. I'll talk to the mgr. It would take about 30 people total.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 16:36

From SEPA
I echo JayL's if you build it sentiment.

Pick something, and try to pick something "special" (sucker spawn on the Tully, f'rinstance). Then, publicize it.

You might get five, you might get 50. So far, we've had two "mini-jams" out here in the LV, plus a couple of other get togethers. I think we've brought together a good 20 people at the bigger ones.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 22:07

From Pittsburgh
All right then.
I've always been leery of committing to a mini jam at the D because it's so unpredictable. But there certainly seems to be some good alternatives fairly close to it I guess, and I would vote for a fall jam there.
I don't know what time frame you have in mind. But I already have vacation time in for the first week of october. That's usually when the fall BWO's get going good on all of the other streams I fish.
Let's see if there's any other interest in it.

Another thing we need to keep in mind too - the steelhead jam that was held last fall was a big hit, and will likely be held again I assume. We wouldn't want to schedule anything to conflict with that.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 23:26

In 08 and 09, we've gone to the D in the second half of September. Last week of Sept or first week of Oct works for me. Remember, it can be quite different weatherwise in those parts. I'm happier fishing in 50-60 degree weather than I am in 80 degree weather. On 4-15-10, I floated in sleet and snow showers. That was just after temps had gotten into the high 80's a few days prior.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 1:23

From Bozeman
I would be interested if it's before October. I spend October-November satisfying the trib craving.

Posted on: 2010/6/1 9:24

From Johnstown, PA
Once again i say check out Mountain Creek Campground on Mountain Creek in Cumberland county , lot of other options close by.

Posted on: 2010/8/13 8:49

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com