Any Idea as to the Dates for the Conclave of PA Flyfishers?

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

any plans for the Jam for 2015?

I need to know so I can prepare my trailer in central PA for the monsoon that weekend. ;-)

Just joking. Looking forward to the get together.

There are no plans, but I'd be curious to know if everyone has been satisfied with 7 Mountains CG.

Good spot ,but I miss the "table dances" . GG

Anyone who can convince Randy (or is it Rudy) to tolerate us, can negotiate the deal. Just send me a PM. And don't promise we'll be any different.

I got a real LOL out of that. "Don't promise..." The last time I spoke to Rudy, he indicated that he in no way, missed us. My friend still has a place there and I was visiting when Rudy came over.

Who stopped you from dancing GG?

I think 7 mountains is just fine, besides, I now know the place well enough to not get lost trying to find my cabin in the wee hours!

Gene, the jam is USUALLY held the weekend before mem day weekend, so I'd plan on prepping for the monsoon sometime before that!!
if the weather is anything like last year, I'm not gonna bring any rods, just a couple kegs of beer and lots of food. :pint:

As long as there is electric at the Spring Jam, I will bring the Smoker for KosherBBQ

The weather must really suck for Jam plans to surface????.GG

12* F in State College today, GG. So, yeah, the weather sucks.

yeah, lows below zero tonite, the slippery rock looks like a glacier.

Seven Mountains is perfect for the jam.
There is so much road noise from the that busy highway - we don't have to worry about staying up late and being noisy.

I do miss watching Jack and Rudy doing the tango!

Don't let em turn ya off. I was there a week last year. Sun-Thursday was just fantastic conditions everywhere you wanted to go.

Thursday evening it rained. Ok, a lot. Friday was rough, though those who put their minds to it did manage to catch a few fish.

By Saturday, things were still a little tough, but the least hit area had been identified, smaller streams were becoming fishable and several of us were into double digits.

I just don't get people who just hang em up. It's spring. It rains hard in one place, and not so hard in another. Then it stops for a few days. That's how it works. And for gosh sakes, we got all kinds of maps showing radar, past rainfall accumulation, and flow rates in real time. And we got somebody present from every area within a 3 hrs drive who knows it like the back of their hand, and is willing to whip out the maps and play guide. Coty was the lucky one last year!

So you just take what comes and adjust accordingly. There's nearly always something not just fishable, but fishing well. You just can't say I'm going to fish X stream and X stream only, and if it blows out, oh well, I'm taking my ball and going home!

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with 7 mtns. My only complaint is that the tent area is rather small and marshy (ok, Friday morning it wasn't just marshy, but "mid-stream"). But location, cabin availability, closeness of cabins and pavilion, fire ring, owners attitudes about noise and alcohol, bathroom/shower facilities, etc. Thumbs up for all that.

P.S. Jack is the final word. But since I've gone to jams, it's been the weekend between Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

That would be the weekend of May 16-17 this year.

I'm not the final word but for simplicity sake, the moderating staff has made the decision collectively and then put it out there.

By the way, a conclave is usually a private gathering, whereas a jamboree is not private and usually loud or boisterous-- but we ain't no boyscouts. :cool:

I went to the Jam last year for the first time and liked 7 mountains campground. I liked it so much I went back in the fall to camp and fish the area.

I was there the year before and enjoyed myself 100%. I may have only caught three trout - however that three let me know that I could catch trout anywhere.

Last year's Jam I was recovering from Achillies Surgery and just stayed local with most of my fishing.

This year I will ask the Jesus to bring us some nice weather for the Jam.

Can we ask the owners to put in some cattle grates to help keep us drunks from wondering to far at night?

Finalizing things today. I will post dates and location tonight in the Events Forum. Looking forward to getting together as always. Has me already thinking about warm weather and sulphur hatches!

This is local to me. If I can make the time this year I'd fish Penns for a day with some of y'all that would/could tolerate me.

Brookie,

I'm open to taking you up on that offer. That said, you really should stay a night or two. The event is as much social as fishing.

Back