Annual Spring Jamboree - May 17-19, 2013 - Seven Mountains Campground

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past 18 years one of the best things to come out of the site are meetups and the annual Paflyfish Spring Jamboree. The Spring Jamboree is our annual get together to fish, camp, tie flies and discuss the one that got away. Over the years we have found an accommodating campground in Central Pennsylvania for us all to meet and camp for the weekend. I wouldn't even call it an exclusive Pennsylvania event with folks coming from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida. Some photo's over the years are here.

We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams. If the Green Drakes often hatching and many head over to Penns Creek. Other streams the Little J, Spruce, Fishing and Spring Creek all offer some of the best in class fishing in the region. In some years it has rained, well every year, and there are many alternatives to the bigger named streams as well.

This year is no exception and members on the forum are making plans to meet the weekend of May 17-19, 2013 at Seven Mountains Campground in Spring Mills, Pennsylvania. Please contact them if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins and campsites.

We are working on more details but often we will have guest speakers, casting lessons, fly tying lessons, gear swaps and cool gear to check out.

Friday, May 17thh
Jam attendees often start arriving throughout the day if they haven't arrived earlier in the week. We don't have use of the pavilion until 3:00 PM on Friday. Stop by after 3:00PM to help or meet others trying to get back out on the water. I years past we have had several guest speakers like Dave Wolfe and Dwight Landis. We will be working on an evening speaker again this year.

Saturday, May 18th
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark with Live Entertainment! - The PAFF Band gets going about 10:00 pm out some great tunes for all to enjoy. Hoping that Shaky and the rest of the band can get back together for more tour! If you'd like to join the band or just put in a solo performance, just bring your instrument and/or voice and let 'er rip. Quiet hours may be a factor. If we get all the sites booked for Seven Mountains, perhaps they'll extend them for us.

Sunday, May 19th
Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion.

Streams like Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Spruce Creek, Little Juanita and Fishing Creek are all within an hour of the campground.

The campground's number is:
888-468-2556 and website is here.

Awesome! Let me be the first to reply...I'm in.

Probably similar plan to last year for me...Wiss is coming up with me, maybe his brother and a buddy of his. Will fish our way up on Friday, get in in the evening...stay until Sunday morning, then hit a spot or two on the way home.

Im in again for sure.
I also was just talking with a buddy of mine from florida who came with me to last years jam. He was just saying how much he enjoyed his one evening there, and is planning on coming up again this year for it

Can't wait

Same deal as last year. I have to work that Saturday morning, so I'll be up around 2/3pm again Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to this again.

Same here! Hope I can finally make it this year and not have to work!!!!

I'm in for sure and Risen Fly will be making a few donations to the raffle this year.

Just made my reservation

Hey if anyone gets a cabin, I'll be willing to go in for Saturday night. Let me know!

I'll be there for sure. Details of guests and exact timing TBD.

The jam is fantastic place to meet the fellow anglers, those from cyber portal space, those well and less know, those whom you like and do not (and probably change your mind after personal contact), it is the great time to be and experience.
I hope Penns Creek will cooperate and Green Drakes bump out from the streams and if not we will emerge at campground site with great tunes lead by Shaky.
Hit a spot, be there.
[color=0000CC]~~~[/color]

Attachments

• Jam  2013.jpg
    Jam 2013.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 3
^I'll second that.

Anyone want to split a cabin?

I'll go in with ya again, although this time I'm gonna give ya some money AND some whiskey!

We got our cabin. Same one as last year. The one under the sign that faces 322.

If anyone wants to go in, I'd be willing to split a cabin since i will be traveling up by myself.

bikerfish wrote:
I'll go in with ya again, although this time I'm gonna give ya some money AND some whiskey!
I'm in too Tim, for Saturday night, but you never told me what I owe you from last year, so I owe you for two nights...

I hope the weather is pleasant and I can sleep on your porch(es).

Very well, I'll make the call tomorrow.

Back