4th Annual Fish N Chips Event 8/8/15

martin0206

martin0206

The date for the 4th annual Fish N Chips event this year is Saturday August 8th.

When:
Saturday, August 8th from 7am to 1pm

Where:
Little Lehigh in the Heritage Section by the Fly Shop.

I'll try to take FoxGap's place of getting there at 4:30am to get things started..just kidding. I'll be there at 6 and will bring the coffee and of course will have a pile of Carolyn's chocolate chips cookies.

As usual I will use this thread to keep track of who plans on coming and what items are being brought. You can PM me what you intend on bringing or post to the thread.

If you have never attended this event before you should definitely come on out for a fun morning of fishing, food, and good times.

Way to go, Jeff.

As luck would have it, I'm off that Saturday. Probably won't be able to get there until 7AM, but the cookies are a definite incentive.

Since you've got the coffee covered, I'll be bringing donuts.

Tell Carolyn it's time to re-stock her fly box, and I've got some leaders for her as well. Gotta take care of my honor student. :-D

I doubt I can make it this year. Ill talk to my boss but Im on a schedule that gets me home Saturday mornings. I would have to get somebody to take my 2 day NC truck run. But Ill try because I really enjoy these get togethers.

I think I can make that. If so I will bring potato salad.

GenCon

Have to check but probably can do...put me down tentatively for cold soda and water....

:-(

Sadly, I won't be able to make this year's outing. I'll have kids and grand-kids in from Michigan that weekend. Dang.......

Thanks for stepping up to this. I'll be glad to come for the fun. What needs to be brought?

Sounds good Ed, she is looking forward to it. I told her at least 3 dozen cookies for Ed. Just let me know if you can end up making it Cathy. Sorry Dave, wish I would have known to schedule it a differently day. It won't be the same without you on the grill. Anything will do at this point Les.

Updated roster below.

Martin0206- Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heritage Angler- Donuts
GenCon- Potato Salad
Volksnurse- Soda and Water

Assuming typical August weather (hot), how about I bring salty snacks - potato chips, cheese curls?

Sounds good Les

Updated Roster

Martin0206- Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heritage Angler- Donuts
GenCon- Potato Salad
Volksnurse- Soda and Water
Lestrout- Chips and Cheese Curls

Hey Martin,

Great job hosting the event.

For those newbies to the site, you may want to post a little bit about the event and what it is all about....besides the vittles :lol:

Will be out of state on 8/8. Have fun!!

Jeff, I cannot make it but wanted to make sure you knew, there is no grill at the park and Dave was always our grill source as well as the cook. You will need someone to bring a grill if you are going to have burgers, dogs, etc.

Good idea Tom. The event is a little get together with fellow forum members where the morning is spent fishing the little lehigh followed up with some food. The food usually starts around noon from what I can recall. You can bring absolutely anything you want to help contribute to the day. If you haven't attended any jams or are new to the forum it's a great opportunity to meet some new fisherman and share some stories. It's very informal and you can just show up and look for guys hovered around a table outside the heritage fly shop. It's always a great time and anyone is welcome.

I did think about that George. If any one has a portable grill they could bring that would be a huge help. If we are in a bind I will come up with some solution.

Foxgap239 wrote:
Jeff, I cannot make it but wanted to make sure you knew, there is no grill at the park and Dave was always our grill source as well as the cook. You will need someone to bring a grill if you are going to have burgers, dogs, etc.

Jeeze, Fox

You are making me feel worse than I did before about missing this!

Uh oh - sumpin done come up. I can't make this fun event. Martin - thanks anyway for stepping up to organize this. I can still provide the chips, etc. if you want - just have to work out the logistics.

Upset I'm gonna miss this ... my wife's sister will be in NY that weekend and used up my hall passes (especially 4th weekend). Spoke abt it but wasn't really negotiable. Have fun gents

djs12354 wrote:

Jeeze, Fox

You are making me feel worse than I did before about missing this!

Sorry Dave, certainly not my intent. :)

Just bustin'....

I look forward to meeting every one again,it was a blast last year.i brought apples and agave,with cinnamon last year,and it seemed like they were a hit,so I will bring them again.anything else,i can bring let me know.hot dogs are quik and easy.hopeing for good weather,and tite lines.

Back