Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: 2013 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree 12/21/13 10AM - 6PM

From Couldn't Care Less
Totally psyched that I won the tying kit and so much appreciated .. thanks gents. Hopefully meet up at one of the shows in Jan to pick it up. Will gladly take some beginner book recommendations to start getting an idea of what I am getting into. Questions ...

What does the kit come with?

What else would u guys recommend, in the way of tools and materials, I need to get me going?

Posted on: 12/30 10:26

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
And it begins....

Posted on: 12/30 11:28

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
And it begins....

Yes, it does!

The kit is sitting on my kitchen table. Let me know if you want to meet up sooner than the Somerset show to get it.

If you DO go to the show, we'll help you pick out some stuff to round out the kit. A ceramic bobbin is my gift to you.

Here's the kit:

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-Fl ... rout-Tying/product/27765/

This oughta boost the thread count in the tying forum quite nicely.

Posted on: 12/30 19:56

From North East PA
Andrew

You are going to come across so much stuff that you "need"

Posted on: 12/31 19:33

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From New to Berks
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Two years ago at the tying jam, one of our member's sons was given a box full of tying equipment and supplies by our own Krayfish. It was a very generous thing to do, and clearly showed the goodwill and desire to help that is typical of our members here on PAFF. This young man also received some great beginner's instruction at the Jam from the guys at Hokendauqua TU. He tied his first ever flies that day!

Last year, that young man (Ben Fedeli - his Dad is "Hack" on our forum) showed us some of the flies he had tied in the past year, and gave them to some of us. They were tied really well! He also was the recipient of SkyBlue's generosity, when Rick gave him the awesome tying bench csoult donated to the event, and that Rick had won in the raffle.

This year,Ben felt confident enough in his new found skills to do a demo tie at the Jam - his own tie, the "Pink Tag".

And so, we here at PAFF have helped get a fine young man into what looks like a lifelong adventure in flyfishing/flytying.

Ed, once again, you are too kind.

In addition to the guys HA mentioned above, the many attendees and tyers that have been a part of this event over the past three years have been really great about encouraging Ben and setting a positive example for him to follow.

Ed and Mike are big heroes here in making this event happen, and I hope that it continues on in their care for a few more years until Ben is old enough to take up the mantle and help move this forward. I have told him that I expect him to be there and tying for the next 50 years! He is learning and continuing to grow, and as he continues, it is incumbent on him to help the next person that wants to learn.

YOU GUYS - PA FLY FISH - are awesome. It is the generosity of it's members that has made this possible for Ben to learn and grow as a fly fisherman, and I thank you all for it.

Posted on: 1/4 10:26

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com