2012 Quill Gordon Summit on the horizon!!! April 20-22nd

The_Sasquatch

The_Sasquatch

This is a fresh thread. Let's try to get a head count, do some general planning, etc.

Again, the dates are April 20-22 in Potter County, God's Country. We'll be staying at the Potter County Family Campground off Rt 6. Website Here. With the warmer weather, we might find ourselve quite lucky.

Concerning food, we're just gonna do BYOF (and BYOB). Wish I could do more for you guys, but I don't have the scrap to pull something like that together.

What God's Country experts are planning on joining us? Sandy? Brad from Potter?

Biker asked for certain hatches and patterns. Can anyone give some advice on this as well?

Oh...and who's coming!?
This should be fun!
Andy

Most years you would be timing the red quills perfectly for the northern part of Potter, but with the crazy warm weather we have been having things may start early this year.

I will try to remember to update closer to the date. What streams r u looking at? Some waters could be better than others at that time, heck some sections of water could be better than others. Usually the early hatches seem better lower on streams early in the year and vice versa later.

Streams yet to be determined! We're well open to suggestions from the residents of the area.

Other hatches you're likely gonna see there at that time: besides the afore mentioned red quills - blue quills and green egg sac caddis

'Squatch, You can count me in. However, if the weather goes to Hell, I may back out. Unless there is siginicant Rain/ snow, I'll see you guys @ the campground.
Dave

Awesome Dave.

Thanks DFG.

Csould mentioned to me putting together a list of some of the stream we're looking at. There are some great streams intersecting w/ Rt 6 between Galeton and Denton Hill alone!

you know I'm in. I'm doing more recon on possible streams. I have a couple calls to make but we'll find some bugs.

Just a heads up. I used Google maps to locate the CG and it was pointing me to a spot called Sweden Valley just east of Coudersport on 6. I believe the CG is actually a few more miles east on Denton Hill (according to the CG website). So Google maps might have it wrong. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Its wrong. The campground is just by Irish Farm Rd. The website has a little clearer point.

If you're all unsure, maybe we can have a big meet up at the Sylvania Diner or something, depending on what time people start to arrive.

it's not hard to find, right off rt 6.
the sweden valley inn has good grub, beer too!

So when is everyone arriving? I'll be up by Thursday morning w/ my dad, stoppin' in at Sandy's shop to blow wads of cash on flies and goodies, and maybe to try and get him to hit the stream with us.

Looks like im coming up Thurs thru Sun now. If everything works out how I planned.

A Green Drake wouldn't be caught dead above water before May 15 in Pennsylvania, but they'd be caught dead or alive above water in the Smokies or thereabouts even earlier.

If the NCPA waters warm early, we could miss the QGs, but will likely then be seeing Hendricksons, which would OK too.

I was just joking :) I'm pretty sure there will be quill gordons around. The one fly you should be prepared with are blue quills. I have always had better sucess using blue quills. You will most always see both at the same time. What I do is to use a quill gordon dry with a blue quill wet or soft hackle on a dropper.

You coming along, Brad?

Chaz has sworn this whole time that we planned this jam too early. We may get lucky and catch it just right.

Back