Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: 2011 PAFF Instructional Mini-Jam 2/26/11

From Enola, Pa.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I wish we could have one closer to home, in the SC area, I always enjoy meeting like this.

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/2/28 7:50

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Sounds like someone got thier pride hurt also .
I think the words I picked are just fine IMHO

I had my cast picked apart many times in one weekend but I swallowed my pride and started to pick my own cast apart and work on my faults and it has help make me a better caster.
My biggest fault is my back cast I don't make enough of abrupt stop before my drift .

What is yours

Na. Didn't get my pride hurt because of two things. First, I can lay out a nice long accurate cast, obtain a good drift and catch the trouts regularly. Second, I know that while doing that my casting stroke is very labored. I was a lot happier working one on one with Dave instead of having 20 of my peers watching the nightmare, however I am also aware that I wasn't paying for instruction and we were all there to learn.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 8:01

From SEPA
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Sounds like someone got thier pride hurt also .

I have no pride, I'm humble as they come.

Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
What is yours

Being awesome, is that a fault?

No, watching him go through and explain the motions helped clarify some things I'd been letting go wrong, I didn't want to be pushy and take up more of his time as there were alot of people who hadn't gotten the benefit of his knowledge before.

I've gotten lazy, recently, and have let bad habits form and learned to cover them up. I've been reminded of that fact, and a desire to learn some of the more advanced casts beyond the simplest four parter.

I would've really liked to get a moment to have him one-on-one the switch cast, though, but just seeing someone go through the motions beats and video or picture sequence.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 8:46

From Up in the Mountain
I drove a little over 3 hours and it was well worth it. I would do it again in a heart beat. All the instructors were great.
Jdaddy, thanks for showing me the difference between a 100.00 rod and a 800.00 rod, still hasn't sunk in yet.... LOL
JayL,you're class was real good too,you took a lot of guess work out of fly selection.
PCray,Hopefully I can put some of you're technics to practice,very well done.
Skiltonian, Indi fish tech was very good I kinda know what to look for when buying and fishing with them.
Fly finger, you're knot class was real good,the perfection loop is coming a long thanks a lot.
Jason, sorry I did'nt get to you're class, I bet it was good
Old Lefty, I did'nt know how bad at casting I was till I met up with you,now that I'am holding the right end hopefully it will come along.LOL.... Thanks for helping my grandson he was amazed after 10 minutes he could cast....well worth it...
Ed, you did great with the hole thing, you deserve a lot of credit.
Thanks again to every body, I meet some nice and really good people....... Thanks again TIG

Posted on: 2011/2/28 10:57

Big thanks to Ed and all the instructors. Lots of good information to digest. My only reccommendation would be to have this in the fall say September or October as February is generally pretty cold.

Posted on: 2011/3/2 8:44

WAS KICK ASS! THANKS EVERYONE!!!! and very special thanks to H.A!

I second the notion for maybe a little warmer weather. but you LL people like to do stuff when it is cold like the Dec 31 last chance jam..

Posted on: 2011/3/2 20:54
-Chapter #420
Fishin' is Smokin' in SE PA

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com